Are you familiar with chrome history? You certainly have heard it especially if you are using Google Chrome as your web browser. The term primarily refers to the list of internet sites you have visited and are sorted out by dates from the most recent to the oldest. As these are stored in your computer system, anyone who has liberal access into your computer can view the internet sites you recently and frequently visited.
Chrome history serves a lot of purpose. First, it effectively tracks down web browsing activity. This is very important most especially to parents as this will give them an idea of their children’s unattended online activity and forewarn them of possible dangers lurking around. Besides, chrome history proves to be useful when you forget to bookmark or jot down a particular web page as these can be viewed under the recently closed link. Finally, Google configured their web browser with a search pane that allows you to input a query then quickly hunt down vague web address.
This proves to be an excellent time saver as you are spared from manually going through every link. In general, chrome history not only allows you to see browsing history, you can search and even clear or delete the browser history. To some point, deleting the browsing history effectively improves the speed of your chrome browser. To get started, here are some easy and simple ways to see and delete your internet browsing history. Read on.
View Chrome Browsing History – This can be done in two simple ways; through “Show full History” tab or through the tool bar menu.
To view the browsing history with “Show full History” tab:
- 1. Launch a new Google Chrome web browser window.
- 2. Click on the “Show full History” tab at lower left part of chrome browser window.
To view the browsing history with the Tool bar menu:
- Click the history menu in wrench icon seen at the upper right portion of the web browser right next to the web address bar.
- After clicking the wrench icon, the drop-down menu appears. Click the “History” option.
You can now view the web browsing history and even search web pages at any given time period.
Delete Chrome Browsing History – Just like viewing web browsing history which can be done in two ways, the same also applies when you delete browsing history. One way is by deleting browsing history of a selected day; and secondly, deleting browsing history at selected period.
To delete the browsing history for the selected day, here’s how.
- Open the history page of Google Chrome by launching a new browser window and decide whether you prefer clicking the “Show full History” tab or click the wrench icon at the toolbar menu beside the web address bar and select history.
- Choose the day you wish to delete in chrome browsing history.
- Then, click on the “Delete history for this day” tab located at the right portion of the browser window adjacent to the latest browsing date.
- Finally, click the “OK” tab in the pop-up message.
To delete the browsing history for a selected period, here’s how.
- Open Google Chrome’s browsing history page either by clicking the history wrench icon located at the upper right portion of the browser window or hitting the “Show full History” tab at the bottom part of the window.
- Next, click on the “Clear Browsing Data” option at the drop-down menu.
- Under the “Clear Browsing Data” window, mark the “clear browsing history.
- Then, choose the time you wish to erase the data from last day, last week, last 4 weeks and everything.
- Lastly, hit the “Clear Browsing Data” tab at the bottom of “Clear Browsing Data” window.
Thus, viewing and deleting Google Chrome history is as quick and easy as the aforementioned steps.